Saturday, March 14, 2009

Question of the Day: Real Talk: Where does Mister Softee go during the Winter?


It was two New York summers ago, I was walking down the block with two friends. We heard Mister Softee's trademark song that he jacked from Scott Joplin, probably 50 years ago... and we passed a woman who asked her friend, " I wonder where Mister Softee goes for the Winter." When we heard her question we laughed, but 10 mins later, we realized that we had no real answer to her question. So what does the guy who drives the Mister Softee truck do during the cold months? Does he have a second job? Is he a mall Santa? Does he collect unemployment? How do you even end up being Mister Softee, bringing joy to children from the suburbs to the projects. This is real talk( Thanks T.I for your major influence on my everyday language..), I need answers....

7 comments:

  1. This blog has given me such a bad taste for mr. softee, but i guess i have to wait for june...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk..but upstate we call him "Mr. Ding-A-Ling"..why must all the ice-cream trucks be sexual innuendos?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can give you a little answer for this. I remember one teacher from my junior high that used to drive the good humor truck in the summertime. He actually had the truck parked in his lawn. So basically the truck drivers prepare us for the stress in the world. Painful tedious learning for 9 months then soothing sundaes for 3. Teaching us the ups and downs of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA,Deric!Andre! I'm jealous you knew a Mr.Softee! Did you get free ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naw, he never gave us any ice cream for free because we made fun of him. He actually taught my science class as a sub a few times. Me and my friend have an epic joke on that class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They keep the trucks i guess.they actually run the trucks through rain,sleet,snow,etc. over where i am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post. Yeah, Mr. Softee has to have a second or third job indeed. Do you think most Mr. Softees have similar second jobs? I could imagine that they are school teachers or school bus drivers. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Followers